The following is a guest article by Mohammed Altaee, one of the most passionate and generous personal branding bloggers out there today.
If you’re looking to build a unique personal brand and an online presence that sets you apart from the competition, then you have to take action and create habits that can you accomplish every day to reach your goal.
Maintaining your presence is your key even if it takes time. Recently, I wrote in Look at Your Brand as an Ongoing Project: “Building your brand is not a one-time deal. Once you create it, you will be required to maintain your brand moving forward and always be consistently assessing and reassessing yourself to make sure you are living up to the promise of the personal brand you have presented.”
Here are 15 particular “chores” from 15 top personal branding experts on Twitter that you can complete every day that should prove beneficial to your personal brand.
1. Ask yourself this question about your personal brand: “Why should anybody listen to me?” ~ @alhanzal
2. Continually hone your skill through self improvement. ~ @pathfindernig
3. Every day ask yourself: How can I communicate my unique value message today? ~ @MegGuiseppi
4. Post a status message daily on Facebook, something engaging or interesting. ~ @ChrisBrogan
5. Less time promoting their brand; more time in conversations driving value for their people. ~ @WalterAkana
7. Find at least 10 things worth retweeting in your home feed and share it to your followers. ~ @MAltaee
8. Ask good questions; put yourself in the person’s shoes. That way, you ask the question as if you yourself were being asked. ~ @MalcolmLevene
9. Tweet, Facebook, LinkedIn – relevant information, group discussions, network, promotion of your field of interest. Collaboration is key. ~ @HeatherEColeman
10. Remember to do something for your brand that is offline. It’s not all about building an online brand. ~ @PaulCopcutt
11. Don’t react to challenges, but act strategically! If not on-brand activity, then change course. ~ @resumeexpert
12. Be true to themselves. ~ @JohnAntonios
13. Send out a Tweet or Status Update with a tip related to their niche and major keywords. ~ @LiveYourBrand
14. Play your own kind of music. ~ @Nussknackerin
15. Do something unselfish that helps somebody else or promotes their work. Repeat as often as possible. ~ @RyanRancatore
Mohammed Al-Taee is an ambitious entrepreneur and high technology guy. Mohammed is the founder of BrandMyCareer – IT career services and personal branding strategies for Gen Y. His passion in blogging inspired him to started AltaeeBlog.com where he offer real values and knowledge to his readers. Mohammed offers social media, job search and personal branding workshops and presentations to a variety of audiences. He completed his M.Sc. from Al-Nahrian University in Computer Engineering. Connect with him via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn.
Photo credit, net efekt.